Benjamin's first vacation: We drove to Charleston a few weekends ago. The earlier we get Ben used to driving and flying the better, right? He was a very good little traveller. He slept well in the car and in the hotel, and loved riding in his stroller as we toured the city. We did have one unfortunate episode of an exploding diaper in the car on the way down. But a package of baby wipes later, we were back on the road.

Have you ever seen such perfectly manicured bushes?

Beautiful homes on the waterfront. All the homes along this street have been preserved or rebuilt. They were originally constructed by wealthy plantation owners as their city homes.

Rainbow row. Charleston has so much history, but is not the southern United States town we thought it would be. It's a beautiful city full of culture, art, and friendly people. We loved it so much we agreed it would be a good place to think about moving to one day.


Alyssa and Ben in the Bamboo forest of a plantation we visited.
3 comments:
Exploding diaper? Yikes!
I'm glad to hear that you are all doing so well and especially like hearing how you are looking around for future residencies and aren't wasteing your wonderful youth pineing of home but if you should feel the need to return to this winter waste land [only kidding folks] please wait until I at least visit once as I've always wanted to visit the south and maybe even bring one of those rare muscle car beauties you hear tell of down there home with me. Bye for now as I must go out and plow the yard, love to all especially wee Ben. Yup TeesieGail it appears you have been unthroned as happens to all of us sooner or later in life haha.
Don't worry nuc, we'll still be here for a few years and we'd love for you to come for a visit! I think we've determined it would take a really great job offer to get us to move back to the snowy north. Hopefully we'll see you in a few weeks when Ben and I are in SJ. Every once in a while, in the right light, Ben looks like he has red in his hair. That couldn't be from anyone other than you!
Post a Comment