Monday, April 28, 2008

Tel Aviv

We ended our trip with 3 days in Tel Aviv. We spent most of our time on the beach, as we realized when we saw our photos - we don't have any of the city. Tel Aviv is a large, modern city and we really enjoyed the shopping and the food. We actually didn't have a bad meal anywhere in Israel. Israeli falafel is the best we've ever had, and we had some great Thai, sushi, burgers, and Chinese.


The photo above is a view from the beach in front of our hotel.
This is the boardwalk that runs from the waterfront in Tel Aviv to Old Jaffa. The buildings in the distance are in Old Jaffa.
We thought this man had the right idea about fishing. He stuck his pole in the sand and watched for bites from his beach chair while enjoying a glass of wine.
Rafi at the waterfront in Old Jaffa. Tel Aviv is in the distance.
Rafi in front of the Buzz Stop. Bar open 24 hours, happy hour from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Rafi wanted to stop for lunch but I didn't want to ruin our perfect dining record on our last day so went for tried and true falafel.

1 comment:

nuclearwasted said...

Awesome pics, I'm so jealous as I love to travel, I guess I'll have to settle for a trip down to Rawley and check out the southern U.S. scenery.