So, I was making a fried egg the other day and suddenly remembered that Grampy Green taught me to call fried eggs, "plastic eggs", because of how the edges look plasticky when you cook them perfectly. This fun childhood memory got me to thinking of all the little sayings our family seems to have. I'd love for everyone to post a Greenism, Leeism, or any other -ism they remember. This way, we'll be able to teach them to Ben and he'll never feel out of place!
27 comments:
Oh Alyssa! I love this idea! My first submission is a Greenism that I'm pretty sure extended beyond our branch of the fam...
"Campbell's tomato soup and toast - food of the Gods."
Oh we have sooo many...
When Luke was little he used to call processed cheese slices...... (we never had them at our house, he had them at his Grandparents place on the farm)
........Wobbly Cheese! We still call it wobbly cheese today.
Good one Natalie.
Reminds me of "Deedee Hoo". I love deedee. Can't wait for Ben to eat it.
And that reminds me of how Andrew used to wake up, bang his bottle on the side of his crib and yell for "buple" (breakfast).
Wobbly Cheese. I like that one, think we'll adopt it!
how about "JEEEEESSSSUUUUSSSSS" followed by a flying tool
Ok, if you go camping, or anywhere that it's really dark it's "Darker than the inside of a cow" and if Ben gets a really great toy you can say, "if I had that when I was a boy (girl) I would'nt have called the King my Grandfather" and maybe he'll enjoy a "it'll cup a tea in a it'll cup".
How about " meaner than turkey turd beer " or don't be going into those woods after dark the musharackareebobs will get you. Last but not least, you haven't had a hamburger until you've eaten the famous " BURNS BURGERS ".
I don't want to be a hog but we mustn't forget " The jets are flying tonight "
Do you dodge flying tools frequently Nozzle?
Love your post Team e, especially it'll cup a tea in a it'll cup. That might be my favourite.
Nuc, please provide translations. Yours require a bit of context, I think I missed these ones growing up :-)
Beware the Musharackareebob!!!
and yes I have even tossed the odd tool.
P.S. I love the smell of "wild mossy" It reminds me of the new album by the "ruptured ducks"
OMG "Wild Mossy" The after shave Lonwoody & Moose-Man use to wear!!! hahaha
how about tighter then a BULS ASS at fly time
how about HOTER than The Hubs of Hell
Isn't that a caution !!!
Meaner than turd beer is that someone was really cheap and the jets fjying was when someone would pass gas at night.
Wow, so many, Love it!! Thanks family :-)
Dad said "harder than the hubs of hell" usually after attempting to chew on something with his "china choppers"...Dad would say to us: Jesus Christ,(that was my "given name") if you only have one tooth left in your head don't let the dentist pull it out! Guard it with your life; Also when he was slicing the corn off the cob with a knife. and how about "someone so cheap they could eat out of a drilled well" and then there was "Jesus Christ" (my name again) "you're dumber than a bag of hammers" (how was that for building and nurturing self esteem in a child)and then there was, right, you got it "Jesus Christ you're "clumsier than a cub bear with his prick". For the first several years growing up I thought my name was "Jesus Christ", then I wondered if all of our names were Jesus Christ...
Hey Firszt's are you guys ready for all star weekend in charlotte?
HAHAHAHAHA Grampy was such a sweet man! I can't imagine him saying all those "Jesus Christ"'s....but the habit had to come from somewhere.
It's more drawn out...like Jeeeeeeesus Chriiiiiist.
"you don't enjoy the belly-ache"
I agree PsycChic, can't imagine him saying all those things, but I think I remember "dumber than a bag of hammers".
Here's another one: "I'd rather have two devils than a fool"
Little did he know at times, although I believe that they both knew what was up most of the time they understood that certain foolishness has to run its course before maturity will slowly creep in. I'm still waiting for that to happen although old age certainly isn't waiting around. I hate old age.
I still don't get "you don't enjoy the belly ache". Dad must have really enjoyed that perplexed look on our faces when he threw that one by us...
When we would listen to music on the radio, Dad would comment that he would "rather hear an Ox fart"...
Post a Comment